Return to Map
EXPERIENCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY AND BUSTLING CULTURE OF BRAZIL
Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, and the Atlantic Rainforest of Brazil
March 13 to 31, 2014
- Tour Rio de Janeiro, city renowned for its breathtaking landscapes and landmarks
- Tour the world’s most spectacular collection of waterfalls, Iguassu Falls
- Visit Ouro Preto, colonial city designated UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its outstanding Baroque architecture
- Visit coffee plantations and local farms in the mountains of the Atlantic rainforest
We will meet in Rio de Janeiro to begin a 7-days optional extension trip before the exchange. Here we’ll tour the most famous sights including Corcovado, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Copacabana, and Tijuca Forest.
After sightseeing in Rio we’ll fly to Iguassu Falls where we’ll tour the falls from both Brazil and Argentina sites.
Next we’ll fly to Belo Horizonte to begin a 6-nights home stay exchange. Our hosts will introduce us to the main sites of their city and some of the historic local towns in the Minas Gerais state, the site of the original gold rush in Brazil.
Following home stay, we’ll continue on a 2-days optional trip to see the natural beauty of the Atlantic rainforest. We’ll stay in the Iracambi Rainforest Research Center situated in the mountains, on the border of the Serra do Brigadeiro State Park. It is a beautiful area where we’ll visit coffee plantations, farms, or just relax in nature.
$2000 USD. Includes FFI and host club fees, domestic flights, bus fare, hotels, and stay in Iracambi Rainforest Research Center. International flight and Brazilian visa fee are not included.
- Provided by the Friendship Force Clubs of Bogotá.
Return to Map
¡SE HABLA ESPAÑOL! PRACTICE YOUR SPANISH IN COLOMBIA – BEGINNERS WELCOME
Bogotá and Cartagena, Colombia
August 4 to 18, 2014
- Language classes and cultural events at Spanish language school
- 9-night homestay and sightseeing in Bogotá – ample time to practice your new language skills
- Visit to Salt Cathedral and Monserrate Hill
- Tour of Cartagena
- Boat trip to private island
Do you want to learn to speak Spanish? ¿Quieres aprender a hablar español? Join the Spanish Language Learners exchange to beautiful Bogotá, Colombia. Whether you are just beginning the fun of learning another language or wish to improve your skills, there is a place for you at the International House.
We will spend five mornings with class instructions (divided into different levels) while afternoons will be focused on the culture and history of this amazing country. It will be fun to learn to dance the salsa, go underground to the Salt Cathedral and explore the different museums and highlights of Bogotá. http://www.ihbogota.com/indexen.html
Our FF hosts are opening their doors for a nine night homestay which gives us plenty of time to chat and practice our Spanish. The club will plan events for the weekends so we can enjoy our new friendship with our hosts.
Prior to our homestay we will have a four day/five night tour of the “Jewel of the Caribbean” – the historic city of Cartagena which sits on the edge of the sea. We will explore the old plazas, forts and walls of the historic quarter and also venture out on boat trips to the mangroves and to a private island in the sea.
The full cost for the homestay, language classes and tour is $2150 USD.
- Provided by the Friendship Force Clubs of Coatepec.
Return to Map
NEW - CELEBRATE DÍA DE LOS MUERTOS IN MEXICO
Mexico City, Taxco, Puebla, Jalapa and Oaxaca and Coatepec, Mexico
October 14 to November 4, 2014
- 11 days of language classes and homestay in Coatepec, Mexico plus 10 days of pre/post tours including Mexico City, Taxco, Puebla, Jalapa and Oaxaca
- Lunch on a boat at the Floating Gardens of Xochimilico
- 2 magnificent folkloric ballets, one in Mexico City at Bellas Artes, and one in the ancient city of Oaxaca
- Visits to ancient historical sites and pyramids, including Teotihuacan, Mitla, and Monte Alban
- Amazing experience celebrating The Day of the Dead
This will be an exciting chance to immerse yourself in Mexican culture while learning and practicing Spanish first-hand. Following the pre-tour, we will be home hosted by members of The Friendship Force of Coatepec. Coatepec is situated near the east coast and the Gulf of Mexico. During our 10 night/11 day home stay we will have 5 days of language lessons and will enjoy spending time at home with our new Mexican families, visiting local sights and practicing our Spanish.
After our homestay, we will transfer to Oaxaca for our visit to Monte Alban and for the fascinating cemetery tour on the eve of the Day of the Dead. We finish by transferring back to Mexico City for our farewell dinner. For those whose primary language is not English, we have a guide who also speaks French, Portuguese, Italian and some German.
Please contact the ED.