- Provided by the Friendship Force Clubs of Bogotá.
Return to Map
¡SE HABLA ESPAÑOL! PRACTICE YOUR SPANISH IN COLOMBIA – BEGINNERS WELCOME
Bogotá and Cartagena, Colombia
August 4 to 18, 2014
- Language classes and cultural events at Spanish language school
- 9-night homestay and sightseeing in Bogotá – ample time to practice your new language skills
- Visit to Salt Cathedral and Monserrate Hill
- Tour of Cartagena
- Boat trip to private island
Do you want to learn to speak Spanish? ¿Quieres aprender a hablar español? Join the Spanish Language Learners exchange to beautiful Bogotá, Colombia. Whether you are just beginning the fun of learning another language or wish to improve your skills, there is a place for you at the International House.
We will spend five mornings with class instructions (divided into different levels) while afternoons will be focused on the culture and history of this amazing country. It will be fun to learn to dance the salsa, go underground to the Salt Cathedral and explore the different museums and highlights of Bogotá. http://www.ihbogota.com/indexen.html
Our FF hosts are opening their doors for a nine night homestay which gives us plenty of time to chat and practice our Spanish. The club will plan events for the weekends so we can enjoy our new friendship with our hosts.
Prior to our homestay we will have a four day/five night tour of the “Jewel of the Caribbean” – the historic city of Cartagena which sits on the edge of the sea. We will explore the old plazas, forts and walls of the historic quarter and also venture out on boat trips to the mangroves and to a private island in the sea.
The full cost for the homestay, language classes and tour is $2150 USD.
Return to Map
NEW - EXPERIENCE THE CULTURAL DIVERSITY OF BRAZIL, SOUTH AMERICA’S LARGEST COUNTRY
Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, Santo Angelo and Iguassu Falls, Brazil
October 13 to November 1, 2014
- Enjoy the magical setting of Rio de Janeiro and view the world famous statue of Christ the Redeemer.
- A day trip by train in Curitiba where you’ll see wonderful waterfalls and beautiful landscapes.
- A day trip to the historic town of São Miguel das Missões, a Unesco World Heritage site.
- Enjoy the warmth and hospitality of the Brazilian people with two homestays provided to our group.
- View extraordinary Iguassu Falls from the Brazil and Argentina sides.
Meet us in Rio de Janeiro on October 13. We’ll begin our journey on a 20-day discovery adventure to the fascinating country of Brazil!
This program begins with a three-night hotel stay in Rio near Copacabana beach. We’ll have a two full-day guided tour to the Sugar Loaf, Corcovado and Santa Teresa - a great chance to get acquainted with the city and our fellow travelers.
Next we’ll fly south to meet with our hosts in Curitiba. We’ll enjoy day trips to colonial Morretes city and the Vila Velha State Park, featuring unique sandstone formations. After our 7-night homestay, we say farewell to our new friends in Curitiba and fly to the southern state of Brazil, Porto Alegre.
Our hosts from the FF of Santo Angelo will pick us up from the airport and take us on a four hour bus ride to the small city of Santo Angelo where we’ll get to know them better in another 7-nights homestay experience. Our hosts will proudly show us their “Gauchos” hospitality. Gauchos are people born in this part of Brazil, with a culture of their own. We’ll visit their history and museums, and we may even take a day trip to the ruins of Sao Miguel das Missoes.
From Santo Angelo, we’ll travel by bus to the magnificent Iguassu Falls where we will stay in a hotel for two nights. I can't wait to share with you this place, it is so amazing! This is a UNESCO site, with the most dramatic waterfalls in the world. I have been there before, and am looking forward to seeing it again. We will tour both the Brazilian and Argentinean Falls.
On the morning of November 1st, we can go to the airport in Iguassu Falls to fly back home or you may continue on to more adventures to South America on your own arrangement.
Come join us for this exciting Brazilian adventure.
$2,200 USD. Includes FFI and host fees, domestic tickets in Brazil, 5 nights in hotels, entrance fees, transfers, English-speaking guide tours, and some meals.
- Provided by the Friendship Force Clubs of Coatepec.
Return to Map
CELEBRATE DÍA DE LOS MUERTOS IN MEXICO
Mexico City, Taxco, Puebla, Jalapa and Oaxaca and Coatepec, Mexico
October 14 to November 4, 2014
- 11 days of language classes and homestay in Coatepec, Mexico plus 10 days of pre/post tours including Mexico City, Taxco, Puebla, Jalapa and Oaxaca
- Lunch on a boat at the Floating Gardens of Xochimilico
- 2 magnificent folkloric ballets, one in Mexico City at Bellas Artes, and one in the ancient city of Oaxaca
- Visits to ancient historical sites and pyramids, including Teotihuacan, Mitla, and Monte Alban
- Amazing experience celebrating The Day of the Dead
This will be an exciting chance to immerse yourself in Mexican culture while learning and practicing Spanish first-hand. Following the pre-tour, we will be home hosted by members of The Friendship Force of Coatepec. Coatepec is situated near the east coast and the Gulf of Mexico. During our 10 night/11 day home stay we will have 5 days of language lessons and will enjoy spending time at home with our new Mexican families, visiting local sights and practicing our Spanish.
After our homestay, we will transfer to Oaxaca for our visit to Monte Alban and for the fascinating cemetery tour on the eve of the Day of the Dead. We finish by transferring back to Mexico City for our farewell dinner. For those whose primary language is not English, we have a guide who also speaks French, Portuguese, Italian and some German.
Please contact the ED.